A high-performing team is a competitive advantage. When an executive team is operating at peak performance, the positive impact cascades throughout the organization. Surprisingly, such an optimal team is lacking in many organizations.
NuBrick Partners provides a holistic approach to executive leadership consulting and transformative support for leaders committed to optimizing their results. Through our proven blend of assessment, coaching, learning events and framework for feedback, our clients report improvement in the fundamental best practices of leadership effectiveness, including:
- Increased self-awareness around personal style, leadership strengths and challenges.
- Heightened ability to accept and provide direct, candid and constructive feedback to increase leadership and team effectiveness.
- Enhanced levels of emotional intelligence that lead to identifying and removing interpersonal behaviors that strengthen relationships and overall team performance outcomes.
- Accelerated influence, impact and performance of the leader at the enterprise level.
The goal of executive development is not simply to create continuity for an organization but to ignite innovation and spur a diversity of ideas for not only the task at hand but the mission and future success of the enterprise.
Contact NuBrick Partners to learn how our holistic approach to leadership development can transform your executive team.
What is executive leadership development?
Executive leadership development is a process that helps individuals learn how to be better leaders, and groups work better as a team.
Whether through an intensive, one-on-one leadership coaching relationship or an enterprise-wide initiative to change an organization’s culture or build capacity, NuBrick Partners has an extensive community of talented consultants with experience in a wide variety of industries and organizations to provide hands-on, tailored support that delivers the outcomes you need.
Meet the NuBrick Partners team of executive leadership consultants.
Why leadership development matters
A company’s success depends on the quality of its leadership. The best leaders are not only able to provide guidance and direction but are also able to motivate and inspire those around them.
The most effective leaders are constantly learning and evolving and realize that their own development is key to the success of their organizations. Because they know staying ahead of the curve means continually growing and developing their skills and that of their teams.
The benefits of leadership development include:
Faster and better decision-making
The ability to make decisions quickly and effectively is a key predictor of success in today’s business environment. Yet, many organizations struggle with decision-making at the top. Poorly functioning teams can result in confusion, conflict and delays that cost time, money and often, morale.
Fewer miscommunications and misunderstandings = less drama
When team members trust and respect each other, they are more likely to communicate openly and candidly. This leads to fewer miscommunications and misunderstandings, and less drama overall.
Better alignment around vision, process, and leadership
Organizations with strong leadership development programs are better able to align their vision, process and leadership. This alignment allows organizations to focus on their strengths, react to challenges with an agile mindset and more effectively capitalize on opportunities.
Stronger unity impacts the team brand internally and externally
There is a direct correlation between an organization’s ability to attract and retain top talent and the quality of its leadership. Organizations with strong leadership development programs are able to better identify, attract and retain high-quality employees. This, in turn, leads to stronger unity that positively impacts the team brand internally and externally.
Organizations with leadership development programs report improved performance, both in terms of financial metrics and employee engagement.
Increased accountability and trust
Leadership development programs create a culture of accountability and trust. When team members operate and engage in a psychologically safe environment, they are more likely to take risks and be innovative.
The hallmarks of a top-performing executive leadership team
When an organization has a leadership development program in place that focuses on the growth and evolution of its leaders, it will see improved performance across all areas, from financial metrics to employee engagement. Several key attributes set apart the best leadership teams. These include:
- Purpose: Team members are aligned around a shared vision or direction. They know what they are fighting for and are passionate about the organization’s mission.
- Awareness: Everyone on the team knows the strengths of each individual and leverages them at every opportunity. The team also understands its weaknesses or blind spots. This mutual understanding enables healthy, collaborative partnerships to form.
- Trust: An open, psychologically safe environment for people to take risks, ask for help, and collaborate with others generates trust. This empowers team members to effectively address conflict, exchange feedback, and work together to achieve the vision. Trust breeds confidence that team members have each other’s backs and can be counted on.
- Clarity: When team members know their roles and responsibilities, the result is clear agreement and accountability to effectively execute the vision. They share a common language and are comfortable making commitments with each other to advance the team’s purpose.
Contact us to learn more about our leadership development process.
Our leadership development process
NuBrick Partners’ approach to leadership development affects all levels of the organization:
- Executive: We provide feedback and develop leaders through one-on-one executive coaching to increase leadership impact.
- Team: We’ll surface key issues, barriers, and interpersonal conflicts that may impact effectiveness; increase trust, decision-making capacity and robust debate.
- Enterprise: Our coaching equips leaders with the best practices of a high-performance team.
How we measure success
We understand what it means to lead a major function within the broader organization, individually and collectively. Enterprise Leaders own the mission, articulate the vision, model the culture, build talent, and see across the organization via four primary measures of success:
- Assessment: The first step is to assess where you are as a leader. Our experienced leadership consultants will work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, as well as the areas in which you need development.
- Individual Performance: Once your areas of development have been identified, our team will work with you to create an individual performance plan. This plan will include specific goals and objectives for improving your leadership skills.
- Skill Mastery: The third step is to achieve mastery of the skills you need to improve. Our team will provide you with the resources and support you need to accomplish this.
- Team Performance: The final step is to apply your new skills to a real-world situation. Our team will work with you to identify an opportunity for you to put your skills to use. This may be in the form of a project, an assignment or a leadership role within your organization.
So, what makes our leadership development program successful? It’s all about creating an environment where team members feel safe and supported in taking risks. This allows them to be more open with one another, exchange feedback, and work together towards a common goal.
Contact NuBrick Partners to start your Executive Leadership Development plan.
Follow us for the latest on leadership.